January 4, 2009

Tristan, toys and drums, vinyl

I went thrifting today in Center Point, Alabama. It was lots of fun and I picked up some great stuff. As I have a 5 ½ month old child, I chose to look for him first. Of course, “his” type of toys are usually the kinds of musical toys I would pick up anyway. I found drums, many shakers, and many other noise makers. They all seemed new and sounded new but even their brief history intrigued me. Who played with these before? Which baby shook the several rattlers, several shakers and then even so many times? I wondered. I pondered. It was a wondrous feeling as I hoped that all the instruments handed down from Tristan have the same impact. Or at least some what. Who knows? Who banged on the drums? But it did not matter, as Tristan knows the drums' stamina.

I got a Dag Nasty LP that I have not heard in twenty years. DAMN I'm OLD! And it's a great. ...... well, you'd have to be old enough.

--Hunter Bell

1 comment: